Sunday, May 15, 2011

BRING ON AFRICA



Most of you know I went to Africa in 2009. It was a dream to go and work there. It all came together through my assistant Sidney and his amazing mother Dagmar. I found a lot of answers. I met many amazing people. But I need more time. More prep, more research before I can really get to work. I also needed funding. However, the time has come to get back to work on this very very important project. 

WHY ? 
I wanted to know for my self what was going on there. I wanted to know if foreign assistance ( money ) get to the children. Charity like world vision. What dose it bring the population? Do the children get the money? An education ? Medical attention and vaccinations? Do they learn about sex education and in particular STDs? I wanted to understand the 1000s and 1000s of women that are circumcised and stitched. I wanted to live in the slums alongside the sick and dying people, to taste for once in my life the hardship they live every day. I wanted to know for myself if there is hope there? 

What I found out from my first trip there is that there is a lot of hope. And the kids very much reap the rewards of education and foreign assistance. I have a story that needs to be told. 

HOW: 
I need funding. I need 5 weeks there. I need an assistant and camera man. That's all. Who wants to help tell this story??????