Thursday, February 6, 2014

CAMBODIA HERE WE GO !




We begin..... CAMBODIA ! 

Its been a long time since I was in Asia and a long time since I was taking images from a journalistic point of view. I have to say that I am very much looking forward to the week ahead. 

Mario and I will set off on this long trip today involving quite a few layovers, however I must say it will be quite special to spend time with Mr Galla and talk about his aims and goals. The boy never seizes to amaze me ! 

Mario has come a long way since he first set foot in the agency and I've had a lot of joy over the years seeing him develop and seeing how he has used his celebrity to help others. He is a fine young man. 
I actually cant wait to see him in action with the victims and children and I expect I will have quite a few emotional moments capturing it all. 

I feel privileged to have been given the opportunity to work alongside Mario Galla and the Handicap International team and to visually tell the story of our journey through Cambodia.

There is a responsibility as a team to define the way we report the issues at hand, for thats the way the outside world will receive the message - through us. 
 One must understand that this trip is about a group of people coming together to give victims of unnecessary injustice a voice, a voice to communicate to the world their stories of pain, tragedy and survival, stories that need to be told!

The importance can not be stressed enough about how necessary it is for people to be aware of issues like these, as we all ultimately share the responsibility of helping others less fortunate than ourselves. Furthermore it is not only the people in need that we should be aware of, but also the outstanding members of Handicap International who work day in and day out in order to better the lives of others! I only hope that the work I do on this trip lives up to the pathways that have all ready laid so profoundly"

So, up up and away we go !  See you on the other side of the world !  

PJ