Sunday, April 4, 2010

They came together to dance








I think it was day three in Kenya. The first trip team drove to a school just out of the city of Malindi.
There where other kids from other schools performing there, many different groups from all over state. They came together to dance. Each school was to perform something reagarding social issues or sex education. Now that all seemed fine to me and I was looking forward to watching it. What I didnt know was that I would break down completely with in that first few perfomances I was brought to me knee's. I hid behind my camera and cryed.  I have never in my life felt so woken up and humbled. I was uncomfortable with my self because I didnt want them to see me cry. I thought that they would not understand whay I was so sad when they were so happy. Group after group these kids piled in front of me and sung and danced. The passion and love that was created was just mind blowing. It was something that I will never forget and that changed me forever. I felt so empowered by there souls and there freedom and happiness. These kids were so poor but so rich inside !


I hope we can film them when we go back again !